Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Goddess Assignment







For July's HBLC assignment, we had to buy three gifts as inspired by the Goddess: two for ourselves and one for someone else. So far, I've gotten the above "Dreaming Buddha" at a flea market close to my city for $12 bucks and the Hello Kitty make-up handbag for my daughter for $10 bucks at the same flea market a couple of weekends ago. 

I've been having a hard time with the last "gift" for myself. I mean, I've really been calling on the Goddess with this assignment. The first two were like, Bamo! Crysto! However, this last one has taken its time. The Goddess and I have been consulting....

First, under the "Dreaming Buddha" statue is a picture of Buddha making love to the Goddess. Her and I had a lengthy conversation bit about that. It eventually led to: "What do you love and how do you want to express your love in the world?" Two questions I've been pondering every since. Seems as though the Goddess is wanting me to make a request for this last "gift" rather than actually purchase a "thing or object". She's wanting to grant me clarity, purpose, a new direction, deeper connection with Mother Gaia, Earth and Her. 

I dug out my Rama Oracle card deck, used frequently in India, pulled out Sita and placed her on my altar. There she sits and nudges me, ever so gently, to follow the path of my heart. The path of love, joy, peace and serenity: the path my steps are destined to follow.  According to the assignment, I still have one more "gift". I suppose this "gift" is my new found connection with Her. It adds a new layer of dimension to my reality, a new Earthier tone. She is helping to ground me in new ways and is teaching me Her ways. 


I wrap the photographs with, first, Sita, at the top, and Buddha at the bottom, adding a layer of holiness and protection to this entry and these images. It also balances the male/female energy, making in neutral. 


Universal Love Through Self Love, One Heart At A Time.
Be Love In Action.
***NAMASTE***



 

No comments:

Post a Comment